The M.S. Business Analytics is open to students who hold a baccalaureate degree with certain quantitative and programming background from a regionally accredited college or university.
The admission to this program is based on the holistic view of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated mastery of college algebra, statistics, and programming with a grade of "C" or better in relevant coursework.
- Undergraduate degree with at least 2.5 Grade Point Average (or equivalent).
- For International students: demonstrated proof of English proficiency, e.g., TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based), or IELTS of 6.5 or above (or Duolingo Test 105 and above).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Other supporting documents such as resume, certificates, etc.
Application procedures include a two-part process. Prospective applicants must complete an application through CSU Apply and submit official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended. Applicants must also submit a statement of purpose that identifies their discipline focus and two letters of recommendation from individuals able to assess the applicant’s potential for success in master’s level academic performance.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in other disciplines, and those who do not fully satisfy other department or university graduate admission requirements may be considered for possible conditional admission. These conditions may include additional coursework, minimum scholarship, compensating strengths, or other requirements. Candidates with conditional status are provided a written statement of entrance conditions, including the time within which the conditions are to be met.
Students in conditional standing must satisfactorily complete 12 units with a GPA of 3.0 or higher before becoming eligible for unconditional graduate standing. If the conditions are not satisfied, the candidate will be denied further enrollment in the program.